The Williams Building is located in the historic core of the FSU campus. The existing building was originally constructed in multiple phases in 1926, 1931, 1944 and 1970. Special care was given to retaining and emphasizing many of the original Collegiate Gothic design elements. Construction utilized historic references while creating a new environment compatible with today's materials and craftsmanship. Demolition and re-construction of approximately one quarter of the building aligned floors and created a new open courtyard. This project's low bid was within 4/10% of the estimated construction cost.